What do the English language, November and Macmillan Dictionary have in common?
It’s the annual Love English Awards, now in their fourth year!
Macmillan Dictionary has launched the 2014 Love English Awards, encouraging people from all over the world to enter.
The awards, held between November and February, are a public contest where readers can nominate and cast their votes for their favourite website, blog or Facebook page about the English language.
In previous years, the competition consisted of 2 categories:
- Best website
- Best blog
This year, we’ve added a new category:
- Best Facebook page
The awards are designed to support online English language gems where people go to learn more about English. They can be hosted in any language, as long as their main subject is the English language.
So if you know of any inspirational teacher blogs, resource websites or fun Facebook pages about English, give them your support by nominating them to the Love English Awards.
What are the prizes?
- The winner in each category will win £100 in Amazon vouchers.
- We’ll also be giving away five eBooks from our eBook store / onestopenglish subscriptions to three lucky people who nominate a blog, website or Facebook page.
All rules can be found on the Love English Awards page, but here are some key dates to keep in mind:
- Nominations are open now. They close at midnight on 15 December 2014 GMT.
- Voting starts on 13 January 2015 and ends at midnight 9 February 2015 GMT.
- The winners will be announced on 17 February 2015.
Nominate your favourite blog, website and Facebook page today.Email this Post
Leave a Comment