This set of language tips will explore the words and phrases we use to talk about feelings. This week’s tip looks ways of saying that someone is happy because something good has happened:
happy for sb happy because something good has happened to someone else:
- I’m so happy for you both!
- I am so happy for his success.
pleased happy and satisfied:
- Are you pleased with the way things went?
- I’m really pleased about your new job.
glad pleased about something good that has happened:
- We’re so glad you could come.
- I’m glad he called you at last.
delighted very happy because something good has happened:
- We are delighted that this case is finally over.
- I was absolutely delighted to see so many old friends again.
Grammar note: none of these adjectives is used before a noun with this meaning.
This page lists more ways to say ‘happy‘.
Leave a Comment